Ancient cultures throughout Central America have long enjoyed chia seeds as a key part of their food and medicine. The seeds were even used as currency. Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds are loaded with omega fats, protein, antioxidants and dietary fiber. They have a mild nutty flavor, and since they absorb liquid, they’re ideal for hydration and feeling full. The Maya and Incans revered the tiny, but nutrient-dense, chia seed as a staple food along with corn and beans. In fact, 'chia' is the Maya word for 'strength.' You'll find lots of strength in Navitas Naturals Chia Seeds, which contain an abundance of good-for-you nutrients that can be added to virtually any meal. ....read more
- Contains 1 - 16 Ounce Bag of Chia Seeds
- Chia Seeds are an excellent source of healthy essential fatty acids - containing eight times more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon!
- Chia seeds are also one of the most digestible plant proteins, an excellent source of dietary fiber, and a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and free-radical fighting antioxidants
- Chia's superior hydrating capabilities, protein and fiber can keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours.
- Rich in protein, omega fatty acids and dietary fiber. USDA Organic